Strategizing Products and Customer Experiences (SPACE)The interactive workshop version of the “Customers Know You Suck” book. Formerly known as “Transforming Toward Customer-Centricity.”
Normally delivered as three half days, but can be shorter, longer, or configured differently.
Everybody is talking about customer-centricity and being more “user-obsessed,” but what does that really mean? Sometimes we are sacrificing quality, collaboration, and the customer experience to “just ship it” and find out very late and reactively if our ideas, products, or services had any benefits for users.
Customers don’t want minimally viable anything. They want their problems solved and their expectations met or exceeded. Business goals don’t always overlap with customers’ needs. Agile and Lean claim customer satisfaction is our highest priority, but are we delivering high value to our trial and paying users? The customer decides what is “quality,” “done,” and “good enough,” and their standards might be higher than yours.
Customers notice when we get it wrong. Our competitors, investors, shareholders, the press, bloggers, and social media notice. Morale suffers, and we might have trouble retaining or hiring the best leaders and staff. Great customer experiences require the right team and strategies in place to predict and mitigate the risk of delivering wrong or flawed products, services, and experiences (PSE). Marketing and sales initiatives have uphill battles when we are offering PSE that are difficult to learn, frustrating to use, or not meeting customers’ real needs.
What needs to change and how can we start to create this shift on our teams and at our companies? It’s not always easy or straightforward. In this workshop, we’ll look at models and approaches for a small or large business transformation back to high quality products and services that meet and exceed customers’ real needs.
Roughly half of the workshop time is spent in exercises that are in a Miro board. You’ll need a computer but you won’t need a Miro account.
- Highly actionable models, maps, and processes empower everyone to improve the Customer Experience (CX).
- Learn what blocks teams and companies from being more customer-centric.
- Gather customer and user evidence and data that better inform decisions, leading to increased satisfaction, conversion, and loyalty.
- Use our governance model for implementing and monitoring the progress, success, and failure of internal process changes and experiments.
This training is great for anybody looking to inspire companies of any size or industry to prioritize customer satisfaction, attraction, retention, and the value we deliver.
Suggested levels: Mid-level, senior, lead, principal, manager, director, or higher. Juniors and those new to their careers are welcome, but might not have enough frame of reference for some of the advice and exercises.
- CX, UX, and Design
- Business Analysts
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Lean Evangelists
- Scrum Masters & Agile Coaches
- Business Transformation Leaders
Next Public Workshops
We have two scheduled in July 2023 to accommodate different time zones and days of the week. Both are live and 100% remote.
Each attendee gets:
- 30 minutes of free private coaching with your trainer, Debbie Levitt.
- A PDF of the slides.
- A free PDF and ePUB of the full “Customers Know You Suck” book.
- An invitation to our private Slack and Discord channels for past attendees.
- Those who attend live for at least 80% of the session and exercise time (across all days) will receive a certificate of completion.
Consultation calls and proposals arecompletely free and without obligation.
We'd love to hear more about your needs, goals, and projects. Contact us or book a call.